Wednesday, June 03, 2009

Rumblings from the Suprachiasmatic nucleus June 3rd

I have been asked several times for an opinion on the G.O.A.T and several other sports topics, so here we go...

The G.O.A.T ~


1. I still think he was pound for pound the greatest QB to ever play football.

2. Ted Thompson should have handled it better but they should not have risked locking up Rodgers on a swan song.

3. He was outstanding for the Jets until the injury (Oakland game) at which time he should not have been allowed to play any more.

4. His arm is shot and with out surgery it will not be ready in time to play in 2009 - 2010 season.

5. The media needs to leave this alone.

6. I had a Majic Man poster on the wall before Favre took over and my cheese head is still a cheese head, and while some Jets stream might have been allowed pig tails are not.

End of that talk.

Better questions?


1. Why the hell is the Williams wall not suspended yet? I will enjoy seeing the Vikes go 0 and 4 when the wall is out, just wish it would happen already.

2. Why the hell do we need corporate sponsored practice jerseys in the NFL? NFL owners basically have a key to the US treasury, to get money whenever they want. why whore out the retail space on a players back.

3. If teams do sell the pack of a player’s jersey would the Browns get more for Shaun Rodgers back than Josh Cribbs’? :)

Crew Chief Talk?

I do not want to say anything bad about Tony Eury Jr., he and Dale were to close and each talked the other into doing things that hurt the performance on the track. The change was over due and I am glad to see it. However it will all be for naught if the new chief does not have the balls or freedom to tell Dale "I will set it up, you shut up and drive it”. It cannot get worse so why not right?

4/3 or 3/4?


Most of you that know me and have read any of my stuff know I am a BIG HUGE fan of the flexibility of the 3/4 defense. Even when you use it as a 4/3.
I wanted Green Bay to convert to the 3/4 nine years ago. I firmly believe if they had the afore mentioned G.O.A.T would have more than one Super Bowl ring.
KGB would not only be the all time leading sack leader for the Packers but probably still able to play at the NFL level.
The packers roster has been screaming 3/4 for years.
Quick undersized DTs give up the run in the 4/3 but become run stuffing DEs in the 3/4.
Quick coverage LBs like Barnett roam around and make plays at an alarming rate in the 3/4.
Versatile athletes like DE/LB Kampman (a college LB), LB Poppinga (a college DE), and SS Rouse (a college LB and CB) get to rotate about, stand up, put a hand down, and drive QBs nuts with their pre snap reads.

I LOVE LOVE LOVE the packers moving to the 3/4. I loved it before they added BJ Raji (the 2nd coming of Shaun Rodgers) and Clay Matthews (Kevin Greene 2) but adding these two monsters makes it so much better.

What about you guys what do you want to hear rumbled on?